Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pregnancy Brain has officially kicked in!

Okay...so maybe it kicked in weeks ago, but I haven't logged in over 4 weeks so I haven't talked about it. It is so hard to believe that my due date is in 38 days. The first 2 Trimesters came and went SO fast, but these final days can't go by soon enough! After weeks of preparation, I can say that Jason and I have almost everything we need for Grayson's arrival. We have a few more things to pick up this week, or that need to be delivered, and then we just need him to do his part and join us in this beautiful world! If I didn't want to, I don't think I would ever have to wash any of Grayson's clothes, and he would still have plenty to wear. He is already so blessed with all of the people that love and care about him, and definitely has more clothes, socks, and blankets than his Mommy or Daddy ever thought about having. Mommy still has him beat in the shoe department, though! :)

Everyone tells you that when you are pregnant the free advice will come rolling in, whether you ask for it or not. In all of that advice, I don't remember hearing "The 3rd Trimester is kind of like your 1st Trimester, except you look like a Hippopotamus." I don't remember anyone telling me that I would be shopping in Babies 'R Us, and decide to put my phone down and walk off and leave it. I don't remember anyone telling me I would be changing the channel and the remote would just fly out of my hand....repeatedly, because I can't seem to get a good grip on anything (my sanity included). I don't remember anyone telling me I would be typing on my computer and it would fall off of my lap (constantly) because I didn't even realize it was slipping or that I wasn't holding it. I do however remember my best friend Stefanie telling me that you would be so tired and overwhelmed with everything that you would just cry for no reason. I was in the kitchen deciding what to make for dinner, and when I opened the refrigerator, I saw all of the leftovers that we just SWORE we were going to eat when we put them in there. I immediately started crying at the thought of all of the dishes I would have to wash after throwing all of that away (as if there already wasn't enough to do).

The free advice I've received also said something to the extent of putting off work around the house if I didn't feel like doing it. This would be GREAT! But how can you put off laundry, if you are running out of clothes that are clean (or that fit you)! Or how can you cook that yummy dinner you've been craving if the dishes you like to cook with the most (because they are the inexpensive ones that don't have to be hand washed) are in the sink?? Sure, some lucky people (myself included) have husbands that would most likely do all of this for you if you asked...but if I did that, I wouldn't feel as entitled to the neck rub I am almost sure to receive later. :)

Well, that's pretty much what I've been thinking about lately. I have quite a few friends that are experiencing the ups and downs of pregnancy with me, and the ones that were due before me have all gotten to bring home their little girls or boys. Hopefully, I'm next! If not, I guess I know where I can go to vent. :)








2 comments:

  1. Holly, I didn't know you had a blog, so this is the first time I'm reading it. Hilarious! Pregnancy brain has completely taken over and yes, I also feel like a hippopotamus! I withdrew $200 dollars with my debit card the other day, never got it out of the machine and walked away (it was never seen again!!). Then yesterday I was just walking the dog, and BAM, I fall down. I always wear a bib when I eat because I seriously can't get through a meal without spilling something on myself. It's crazzzzzy!

    I loved reading your blog, so keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny!!! I hope these next 38 days FLY by for you~! Can't wait to see Grayson's face :)

    ReplyDelete